- We may collect the following types of data from you:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
- Your order history
- Your payment details are not stored by us and are submitted directly to our third-party payment providers.
- You agree to provide Personal Data which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to mislead or deceive.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect information about how our customers use this site. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Our details are:
- Great Market Place LP, company number: LP021301, address: Suite 7007 128 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London, England, EC1A 4AE (later – “Great Market Place/We/Us/Our”)
- email: [email protected]
Our use of your data
- Great Market Place is committed to integrity and professionalism in all areas of its services and therefore we take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") very seriously. We will use reasonable endeavours to protect your privacy and ensure that Personal Data is used only for the purposes below.
- We take all necessary efforts to ensure that our processing of your personal data corresponds the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (later – “GDPR”)
- In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed over us or all or any part of our assets, that insolvency practitioner may transfer your information to a third party purchaser of the business provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
- We undertake to take reasonable steps, including the implementation of security policies, rules and technical measures, necessary to protect the Personal Data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorized destruction or accidental loss.
- Although we will do our best to protect your data, transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorized access.
- While we hold your Personal Data, we may contact you for the purposes of ensuring your Personal Data is up to date. We encourage you to provide full Personal Data and you may at any time inform us of any incorrect or out of date details so that we can provide the best possible service.
- Right of access – You have the right to contact us in writing to request details of the information we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information that we hold about you if this is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure- This is also known as the right to be forgotten and gives you the right to request your information to be removed if there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. Please note that if you choose to do so:
- We may retain some information for legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection.
- We may retain some payment information for as legal obligations, such as tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Right to restrict processing – this is the alternative to erasure and gives you the right to tell us to stop processing your data but allowing us to keep enough information about you to ensure that your wishes are respected in the future.
- Right to data portability – this gives you the right to ask the holder of your information to transfer that information to another business. This right would be most commonly used if you were switching banks, insurance companies, utility companies or mobile phone companies.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your data for marketing purposes and profiling for marketing purposes. Your rights and freedoms override our interests.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling – we do not use automated decision making processes which would have a potentially damaging effect on the information we hold about you. But if we did you have the right to obtain human intervention, express your point of view and obtain an explanation of the decision and challenge it.
- Rights to withdrawn consent at any time where relevant – you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time and we must provide you with the information to need to do so at the time we collect your data and each time we contact you.
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
The different ways we collect your data
In a nutshell: We collect 2 types of data from you. Personal data like delivery address to enable us to fulfil our service. Behavioural data to better improve our service to you.
When you register with Great Market Place, you give us details such as your name and delivery information. This is to make your shopping experience quicker and easier when it comes to checking out.
We ask for your contact details to alert you via email for the following actions
- Order Confirmation
- Order tracking (where applicable)
- Should you choose to register, we will ask you to confirm your email address via email
- Login reminders (should you request this)
Whenever you use a website, app or any other service online, certain information gets logged automatically. This data is useful in optimising your experience. We collect
- Web logs – this is used for server administration.
We can identify the areas which you may have shown interest in i.e if you browse the home baking section of the website frequently, we may therefore identify you as someone who is interested in home baking.
Transaction processing requires us to capture billing and delivery information for us to carry out our service.
- Invoice information stored for accounting purposed
- Delivery information stored for delivery
- Where applicable, an order tracking number will be generated in conjunction with third-party carriers to fulfil the service.
- Payment information such as credit/debit card is captures by the payment provider. We never hold your payment details.
Information you choose to give us
Should you opt in, we collect your email address for email marketing. There are sometimes additional bits of personal information (such as number of people in household) that we ask for which is optional.
What we do with the information we collect
In a nutshell: We use your data to better improve the service for the user
The information we collect from you is used to improve the service and your experience with us. We have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways as they improve the service for the end user. Below are the ways we use your information.
- Identify the country that you are in, so we can show you product which are available to you, and not show you products which are unavailable to be sent to your country.
- We also track your currency preference for the same reason.
- Provide customer service
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts and account notifications
- Collect browsing information so we can tailor our communication to you, should you be opted into our email marketing.
- Use browsing data to better target our advertising across internet
Choices you have about your data
In a nutshell: We allow full control over how your data is used. We provide the tools to restrict how much of your data we process or if you want it deleted all together.
You can modify your personal data (First name, Last name, Address) in the My Account section of the website. Having an account with us is not compulsory so if you choose to not have this data stored with us, then you can simply not make an account with us. The only time your personal data will be stored is outlined in this policy in section a.
We will use our behavioral tracking tools.
How and when we share information
It is necessary to share and transfer your data, both internally and externally.
- We may share your data with selected third parties in order to provide the service required. We will ensure your data is only provided to third parties with appropriate and commensurate controls in place.
- Many of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal information in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Law Enforcement or Government Agencies
We only share information if we believe the disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request.
How long we hold your information
We hold your information only so long as we need it to provide our service to you. We will hold your transactional information for up to 6 years for tax/auditing.
Our policy on children information
You need to be over 18 to use this service.
Implementation of Policy
This Policy shall be deemed effective as of 26th October 2020.
No part of this Policy shall have retroactive effect and shall thus apply only to matters occurring on or after this date.